4.5m at a 9:30/mi pace in the hotel gym? Done.
I convinced myself to go to the gym today, telling myself I only had to do two miles and could spend the rest of my time on the elliptical (can you tell I hate the treadmill?). It wasn’t going too badly - so I figured I’d run three miles (which was actually on the training plan for today). At mile 2.8, a co-worker came in to the gym, and I had to impress her (since I talk about running allthetime, so I stayed on for another 1.7m.
And I feel great!
Reading magazines and taking a long bath after a super long day (read: 3:15am car pickup, meetings from 9am - 6pm, and then a client dinner) is much better than hanging out with my co-workers at a hotel bar.
I love when I make good choices (even when it makes me seem like an anti-social dork!)
Japanese sumo wrestlers maintain their bulk with late night eating sessions.
Hopefully this will be enough to make me stop post-dinner snacking.
Oh so very true.
First post-vacation run? A total fail.
My legs were heavy, I couldn’t zone out (and just move), and my tummy hurt.
This was to be my long run too - and while I did do a few short (4-5mi) runs on vacation, for some reason, I couldn’t get back into running.
Oh well, if I stick to my workout schedule this week, I have faith I’ll get back in the groove.
Three days into my vacation, and so far I have:
- Slept in past eight am, twice - yay!
- Cleaned the house - top to bottom, including scrubbing the tub and dusting behind the couch (two of my least-favorite things to do)
- Given myself a pretty decent mani-pedi
- Ran ten miles early Sunday morning, with two wonderful running partners
- Played 8 holes of golf with the mom and boyfriend (it started pouring and while we tried to wait it out, we never finished the other 10 holes)
- Saw Something Corporate at Roseland. So good!
- Got a facial at exhale spa in Midtown - I’d totally recommend Juliet there, she’s amazing!
- Went to the library to stock up on books to read at the beach - including This is Where I Leave You
- Donated three HUGE bags of clothes to goodwill
- Did eight loads of laundry (it’s been awhile, I know)
- Gave both puppies a bath, and gave the American Eskimo a haircut (he has this thing about groomers…)
- I made the most delish white sangria ever (pinot grigio, peach schnapps, triple sec, orange juice, sliced lemons, oranges, and green apples).
This vacay is off to a great start. The boyfriend and I are off to Maine (Ogunquit!) today. I cannot wait!