My week will be a whirlwind of travel (14.5 hours of flight time in 44 hours, with two client dinners and four meetings), so I spent time prepping meals for lunches and snacks last night.
- With my farmer’s basil, I made a big batch of the avocado basil sauce from Oh She Glows, which is delicious thrown on top of a salad, instead of dressing, or as a dip for carrots and celery.
- I prepped this tomato balsamic pot roast and it’s currently in the crock pot. I made a ton, so we’ll have leftovers later this week.
- I grilled chicken and chopped veggies for a quick stir fry
I also quickly scanned the fridge and think I’ll be trying these recipes this week:
- I’ve been drooling over the eggs in hash recipe that’s been circulating, and I feel like it’d be delicious with sweet potatoes.
- I’ve been craving seafood, and I have some salmon in the freezer, which I think would be perfect in these cilantro salmon burgers.
- I still have some sugar snap peas left over from last week’s CSA haul, so this sugar snap pea and radish salad will surely be making an appearance on our plates this week.
- I’m never sure of what to do with broccoli stems (I usually toss ‘em or use them to make stock), but these broccoli fritters sound like an interesting use.
I’d like to be overly ambitious and pretend I’ll whip up some other recipes, but seeing how it’s only Monday and I’m so tired I can barely keep my eyes open at work, it’ll probably not happen.
- Monday: roasted cauliflower and mushroom soup with massaged kale salad (boo to no parm!)
- Tuesday: pizza stuffed bell peppers
- Wednesday: roasted brussel sprouts with a duck and arugula salad
- Thursday: grilled pork chops with broccoli fritters
- Friday: fish taco lettuce wraps with some sort of mixed veg
Since the husband and I are trying Whole30 (I know you’re supposed to commit to this - but I’m toeing the line delicately), we’re not eating grains, dairy, alcohol, legumes, or any sort of real/artificial sweeteners. Here’s what the rest of our meals will look like.
I’m in Napa this week for work (which isn’t as glamorous as it sounds, promise) - but I’m in the base building phase of marathon training, so I should be totally able to fit this all in:
- Monday: 3m
- Tuesday: crosstrain + strength
- Wednesday: 3m
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: crosstrain + strength
- Saturday: 5m
- Sunday: Off
Today in knee-jerk, How is It Nearly Memorial Day Already? purchases:
- A three-day Blue Print Cleanse deal from Gilt City
- 20 classes to anti-gravity yoga/faux barre classes
- Self-tanning supplies (L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Towlettes and Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer
- A new DietBet placed
It’s almost time for bathing suits, bare arms, and sweat-inducing weather. I probably should have been getting ready weeks ago, but better late than never, right?